The Oslo City Hall houses the City Council, City administration, and art studios and galleries. The construction started in 1931, but was paused by the outbreak of World War II, before the official inauguration in 1950. Its characteristic architecture, artworks, and the Nobel Peace Prize makes it one of Oslo's most famous buildings. It was designed by Arnstein Arneberg and Magnus Poulsson.
It is situated in Pipervika in central downtown Oslo. The area was completely renovated and rebuilt to make room for the new City Hall, back in the late 1920's.
Information from Wikipedia.