2008-01-07

Covered in snow


I don't really enjoy the winter. As I've earlier told Kristie, winter in Oslo means sudden shifts from cold to mild weather - and then to colder again. This means that if we do get snow, it usually melts quickly, then it freezes and it gets dangerously slippery outside. I truly hate that... deeply.

BUT - when we do get snow and it stays cold enough for it to stay as snow - and it looks like in the photo above - I actually can enjoy the winter. It's quite beautiful, of course, but something else I kind of forget from year to year is that the snow muffles sounds. Going out after (or during) snowfall has a special feeling to it; Everything feels quiet.

1 kommentar:

Z sa...

The silence after snowfall is something special. And all the rounded, softened edges. But, I agree, the ice business is no fun!