2007-10-17

Don't drink the water


The people in Oslo woke up to the news today that there are parasites in our drinking water. All water should be set to boil for 3 minutes before use, before drinking it or preparing food and brushing teeth.

Usually Norwegians are very proud of the clean water we have here, but sometimes we hear differently. A while back there was a Giardia infection spreading in Bergen, where approx. 6000 people were ill. Some haven't recovered yet.

So far, noone in Oslo are ill due to the water, so hopefully the water isn't badly infected. Until further notice I'll boil all my water before use.

6 kommentarer:

~tanty~ sa...

I haven't heard this in Stavanger but I will do the same. I will boil my water before use. Thanks Lothiane for the info.

Lothiane sa...

Hello tanty!
No worries, this only concerns large parts of Oslo. :)

But I guess that boiling water is always good, just in case.

Gerald (Ackworth born) sa...

These days I only drink bottled water and filter the water I use to make tea - not that filtering would kill the bugs.

Anonym sa...

What a pity...
I enjoyed drinking the tap water while I was in oslo, refeshing and clean...

I hope it will be alright soon...

Annie sa...

If I had to boil my water, I would be drinking a lot of hot cocoa!

Lothiane sa...

The water is allright now, or so they say. :)

But I still don't feel like drinking tap water. Guess I need some time to get used to the idea. Meanwhile hot cocoa is a good idea! ;)